Thursday, October 11, 2018
Gambling Awarness Sessions Coming To Clinton
Responsible Gambling Council will speak to patrons at town's Gateway Casino.
A gambling awareness sessions is coming to Clinton.
The Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) will be speaking to patrons at the town's Gateway Casino October 19th and 20th.
Officials with the RGC say warning signs you may have a gambling problem include:
- Feeling guilty, anxious, frustrated or worried about your gambling,
- Thinking or talking more than usual about gambling,
- Gambling more to win back losses,
- Experiencing extreme highs from gambling wins and extreme lows from gambling losses, and,
- Getting irritated more easily or having less patience when dealing with normal, everyday activities.
The council estimates 3.4% of Ontarians have a moderate to severe gambling problem.
That amounts to roughly 3,500 Huron County residents.
The gambling awareness events run October 19th and 20th from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at Gateway Casinos, 147 Beech Street, in Clinton.